Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The "Pc Gene"

My name is Ariana and I have the “Pc Gene.”

“I need to do this…I need to stop that…I need to start now…”

If procrastination was an Olympic sport I would be a k-12 Gold Medalist! It comes so naturally I firmly believe it is part of my DNA: the “Pc Gene” I like to call it.

I recently came across a New Year’s Resolution list I typed when I was a leader in my High School’s FCA [Fellowship of Christian Athletes]. As leaders we all wrote down the highs and lows of that year along with our goals for year approaching. While reading, I remembered how I felt during that time and could STILL relate: Stagnant! Not moving! Immobilized! Stuck! Need I exclaim any other synonym? I was standing still, going through the motions!

But I have the “Pc Gene,” so I can’t help it. It’s just the way I am!

The self-fulfilling prophesies have taken place numerous times in my life until today. Reading all my unmet goals from years past has shaken me to realize that I have no excuse for my idleness.


My name is Ariana and I have the “Pc Gene.” So what?

No comments:

Post a Comment