Monday, April 14, 2014

YOU

I see millions of others that look like you, but I just can’t see you. I search, but all I find are hollowed out shells made in your image. Sometimes it’s easy for me to spot an empty shell, but it gets harder as some look more alive than others. Truth is, I really don’t know what you look like, but I know how you’re supposed to.

I have an image in my head of what you’re like, so why haven’t you shown up in my life yet? Other people seem to be content without you, but I can’t stand not even meeting you! They say that you will find something when you’re not looking for it, but what ever happened to “seek and you shall find?” I’m seeking for goodness sake, but I’m not finding. Maybe I need a different prescription so I can see better. Maybe I need to change the areas in which I seek. Maybe the problem is that I’m not looking hard enough.

Or maybe the problem is that I’m searching for the wrong reasons. Coveting. They met their you and now they have such joy and peace. I want that, so what can I do to take it? Are my intentions something that you can see right through and that is what is warding you off? Growing up I always thought I’d have you in my life because everyone around me had a you. Their you was working and bettering their lives. I want you too.

I know how you’re supposed to look like, but do I look like what I’m supposed to? Maybe instead of searching, I’ll take a breather for a while. Focus on what I need to do in order to become the person you are searching for too.

No comments:

Post a Comment